Player Movement/ Elite Draft Process

Movement of BB (House Hockey) Players within Hockey Edmonton

Hockey Edmonton rules do not permit the movement of players from one organization to another after a player’s final year of U9. Players in U7 (Timbits), first year U9 , U15  and U18 community hockey are able to transfer to and from KC Hockey. Mobility is not available for any player after registering in U11  and U13 . Players must be in good standing for transfers to be approved.

For U11 and U13 aged players, they are considered a part of the club where they played their last year of U9. For example, a player who plays with St. Matthew for his second year of U9 must stay with a KC Hockey Club and would not be able to register with any other club the following season. The player may be able to move between KC clubs however – from St. Matthew to St. Charles for example – with approval from sending and receiving clubs. If a player wants to move to or away from Knights Of Columbus Hockey in U11 or U13, they can apply for Player Movement through Hockey Edmonton.

A player moving with his family from one district to another within Edmonton can choose to register with KC or the alternative program in that area. A player’s residence as of September 1st will determine where the player registers. Please see the Hockey Edmonton website for further information on their rules in this regard.

Elite Player Movement – Draft Process


Following a release from their resident elite tryout process, player’s are eligible to request a 2nd elite tryout with another club. There are no 3rd tryouts. Players requesting a 2nd tryout have seven (7) days to arrange that tryout following the release from the 1st tryout team. It is the player’s responsibility to look for and obtain a second tryout. You can do so by contacting the appropriate Registrar or Director directly. Please see the following documents for instructions on how to access your tryout.



Import rules only apply to Midget AAA. This rule allows players from another Local Minor Hockey Association (LMHA) to try out for a Midget AAA team within the Hockey Edmonton area. All players released from another LMHA and who request to try out for an Hockey Edmonton Midget AAA team will be put into the import draw. Import draws are made immediately upon telephone call to the Hockey Edmonton Registrar or designate. This gives a player the opportunity to try out for another team without delay. For further information, see the Hockey Edmonton Operating Directives.