Updated July 13, 2021
Online Registration is NOW OPEN! Please read through all the information below as the online registration system has changed this year. The steps for registering are found at the bottom of this page.
Update: As of 2:00pm, July 13/21, we are aware that there are issues with access to registration for some players. Please be patient. We are working with Spordle Canada to get these issues fixed as soon as possible. If you run into problems, please try back at a later time.
U18 Major AAA:
KC Hockey will not host one of Hockey Edmonton’s MAAA teams for 2021/22 season. All KC U18 players wanting to tryout at the AAA level will be required to attend a combined tryout with MLAC. You will still register your player with Knights of Columbus using the link at the bottom of this page.
KC Zone Boundaries:
For categories U13, U15, U16 and U18, please ensure that your residential address falls within the new KC Zone Boundaries before you register. If you no longer reside within our boundaries for Elite hockey and you register, your registration will be cancelled and you will be referred to your new Elite zoned club. Please refer to the Boundary Map to confirm your Elite club. If you have not tried out for KC Hockey before or have moved since last season, submit the following documents to the KC Office.
– Parent Declaration Form
– Proof of Residency – Copy of a utility bill with current address (gas, water, electricity only).
– Players registering with KC Hockey for the first time will also need to provide a copy of player’s birth certificate or passport.
Please email these to email@example.com with your player’s full name and age category.
Respect in Sport:
Hockey Edmonton has mandated that the “Respect in Sport” course has to be completed by a parent of the player before allowing the player on the ice. There will be no exceptions to the mandate. If there is no valid Respect in Sport Parent course on file, families will be notified and players will not be able to participate until the course has been completed. To check if your Respect in Sport certification is current or to register for the course, please see the Respect in Sport website.
Online registration will allow payment by credit card and E-transfer. If you choose to pay by E-transfer you must contact the KC office to set up a payment schedule. Missed payments may result in the cancellation of your E-transfer payment option. You can contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We no longer accept personal cheques. Players must be registered and fees paid three days prior to conditioning camp start and three days prior to the respective tryout camps, if only registering for tryouts.
2021-2022 Camp and Tryout Fees
|Division||Conditioning Camp||Early tryout fee||Tryout fee after July 31, 2021|
|U11 Tier 1||$140||$150||$200|
2021-2022 Registration Fees
New for 2021-2022, we’ve calculated our registration fees to include the following expenses for the season, some of which teams previously had to pay for out of team funds. Registration fees include the following:
- Hockey Edmonton, Hockey Alberta, and Hockey Canada fees
- League fees
- Player and coach insurance coverage
- Coach development clinics and certification
- Player and Goalie Development
- Dryland training
- Trainer fees (U15-U18)
- Assigned Practice ice
- Game ice
- Referee fees for league play and playoffs
- Timekeeper fees (U13-U18)
- Equipment such as: shells, socks, bags, jersey costs as well as team equipment like pails, pucks, first aid kits and coach equipment
- Preseason evaluation tournament fees (where applicable)
- Banquet and awards
- Travel costs – bus, hotel, meal allowance for league games out-of-town
- Post season play expenses
- Administration fee
|U11 Tier 1||$1700|
|U18AAA||Team will be operated by MLAC for 2021/2022|
Please note: Teams will be responsible for collecting fees for expenses such as apparel, team pictures, team events, tournaments and other team extras.
Registration Rules and Policies
- Before jerseys are issued to the Rep Teams all Players must pay the balance of the registration fees by cash, credit card, debit card or online. We will accept a payment plan (post-dated credit card payments) but payment must be made at time of registration. We no longer accept personal cheques. All fees must be paid in full by December 15, 2021. If after December 15, 2021 fees are not paid in full, those players will not be allowed to continue skating with their teams until all fees are paid in full. You can pay over the phone with Visa or Mastercard, e-transfer to email@example.com or in the office by Visa, Mastercard, Debit or cash.
- Registrations for tryouts and camps will be accepted by credit card or e-transfer only.
- Players will only be allowed on the ice after they have been registered and their fees have been paid.
- Funding assistance is available for families who are finding it difficult to make full payments.
- Injured players, who will still be playing in the season, need to pay in full – regardless of when they will return to the ice.
- If a player is injured and will not be able to return in that season, that player may receive a pro-rated refund according to the length of time he/she has played but each case will be judged on an individual basis and is at the discretion of KC Board of Directors. Application for refund must be made in writing with injury details and supporting evidence to the KC Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- A Player will forfeit a minimum of a $100 of their registration fee if they quit or transfer to another association before the first league game. A Player will not receive a refund if they quit or transfer after the first league game.
- If a Player leaves through player movement they will receive a full registration refund after confirmation of team placement.
The new online registration is with Spordle and will require everyone to create a new account. Please follow the registration steps below.
- Create a family account at Spordle My Account in the parent’s name.
- Add players/participants/coaches to the parent’s Spordle My Account under the Link a Member section by searching by name and date of birth.
- Once your account is created and members added you can register the player online using the link on the Spordle Dashboard. PLEASE NOTE: If you have not tried out for KC before or the system advises that there is no registration option for your player, please email email@example.com with your player’s name and date of birth. If you do not see the Knights of Columbus or KC Rep office to register with please see the links below to register.
- If you choose to pay by e-transfer, ensure your payments are sent to the KC Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . Players will not be eligible to skate until full payment is received.
- Electronically sign and submit the KC Hockey Fair Play Pledge .
- Please review the information in the KC Zone Boundaries section above. If this applies to you, please ensure you submit required documents to email@example.com .
- Registration is not complete until all required documents and forms above are submitted and payment is received.
Register for KC Rep (U11) at KC Rep registration.
Register for Knights of Columbus Elite (U13, U15, U16, U18) at Knights of Columbus Registration.