Online registration will open the first week of July 2022. Please check back.
Please familiarize with the information below. The registration link is at the bottom of this page.
Registration Rules and Policies
- Before jerseys are issued to teams all Players must pay registration fees by cash, credit card, debit, e-transfer or online. We do not accept personal cheques.
- Players will only be allowed on the ice after they have been registered and their fees have been paid.
- Funding assistance is available for families who are finding it difficult to make full payments.
- This season a $100 volunteer deposit will be collected at time of registration. You will have the option to volunteer with either team positions or pre-season evaluations. If you choose to opt-out of a volunteer position your deposit will not be returned. Anyone completing a volunteer position will have their deposit returned before season end.
- Injured players, who will still be playing in the season, need to pay in full – regardless of when they will return to the ice.
- If a player is injured and will not be able to return in that season, that player may receive a pro-rated refund according to the length of time he/she has played but each case will be judged on an individual basis and is at the discretion of KC Board of Directors. Application for refund must be made in writing with injury details and supporting evidence to the KC Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Once a player steps on our ice for conditioning camp or evaluation skates, there will be no refunds.
Registration fees for the KC Sabres program include the following:
- Hockey Edmonton, Hockey Alberta, and Hockey Canada fees
- Permit and Discipline fees via Hockey Edmonton
- Player and coach insurance coverage
- Evaluation expenses
- Coach development clinics and certification
- Assigned Practice ice (approximately 20 practices per season)
- Game ice
- Referee fees for league play and playoffs
- Equipment such as socks, jersey costs as well as team equipment like pails, pucks, first aid kits and coach equipment
- Post season play expenses
- Bingo expenses
- Administration fee
Teams are responsible for covering their own team based expenses (pictures, team bonding, tournaments, etc). All other expenses for league play is covered in the cost of registration.
U15: Earlybird before August 14, 2022 – $975. Registration starting August 15, 2022 is $1075
U18 FEES: Earlybird before August 14, 2022 – $1075. Registration starting August 15, 2022 is $1175
CONDITIONING CAMPS (U15 and U18): $140 – Conditioning camps prior to evaluations in September. Names will be posted on the website noting what group skate players are in along with the Schedule. NOTE: Camps will start early September 20212. There will be no phone calls, so please check the website for groupings a few days prior to camp start date.
VOLUNTEER DEPOSIT: $100 – Effective 2022-2023 season there will be no mandatory bingo requirement or buyout ($250). This season a $100 volunteer deposit will be collected at time of registration. You will have the option to volunteer with either team positions or pre-season evaluations. If you choose to opt-out of a volunteer position your deposit will not be returned. Anyone completing a volunteer position will have their deposit returned before season end.
SABRES PLAYER EVALUATION AND PLACEMENT: Names will be posted on the Sabres Evaluation Schedule page as to what group the players are to skate with for every evaluation skate. Players may be moved to another group after each skate, so check back daily for updates and to ensure you go to the proper group. There will be no phone calls made.
Full payment or payment plan (post-dated credit card payments) must be made at time of registration and will be made available to players in good standing. All fees must be paid in full by December 31, 2022. If after December 31, 2022 fees are not paid in full, those players will not be allowed to continue skating with their teams until all fees are paid in full. You can pay over the phone with Visa or Mastercard, e-transfer to email@example.com or in the office by Visa, Mastercard, Debit or cash. We do not accept personal cheques.
The new online registration is with Spordle and will require everyone to create a new account. Please follow the registration steps below.
- Create a family account at Spordle My Account in the parent’s name.
- Add players/participants/coaches to the parent’s Spordle My Account under the Link a Member section by searching by name and date of birth.
- Once your account is created and members added you can register the player online using the link on the Spordle Dashboard. PLEASE NOTE: If the system advises that there is no registration option for your player, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your player’s name and date of birth. If you do not see the KC Sabres office to register with please see the link below to register.
- If you choose to pay by e-transfer, ensure your payments are sent to the KC Office at email@example.com . Players will not be eligible to skate until full payment is received.
- Electronically sign and submit the KC Hockey Fair Play Pledge .
- Registration is not complete until payment or payment arrangements have been made.
Register for KC Sabres at KC Sabres Registration.