Updated June 2, 2020
Online registration for the KC Rep and KC Elite Hockey 2020-2021 tryouts is now open. Please ensure you have read all the information on this page before registering for Elite camps and tryouts. Registration links are at the bottom of this page.
*New this year, we will not be taking a registration deposit at the U15, U16 and U18 age categories. You will have a payment plan option for Rep and Elite Camp and Tryout registration when you register online.
U18 Major AAA:
KC Hockey will not host one of Hockey Edmonton’s MAAA teams for 2020/21 season. All KC U18 players wanting to tryout at the AAA level will be required to attend a combined tryout with MLAC. You will still register your player with Knights of Columbs using the link at the bottom of this page.
KC Zone Boundaries:
For categories U13, U15, U16 and U18, please ensure that your residential address falls within the new KC Zone Boundaries before you register. If you no longer reside within our boundaries for Elite hockey and you register, your registration will be cancelled and you will be referred to your new Elite zoned club. Please refer to the Boundary Map to confirm your Elite club. If you have not done so already, all KC Elite players will need to submit the following documents to the KC Office no later than July 14, 2020.
– Parent Declaration Form
– Proof of Residency – Copy of a utility bill with current address (gas, water, electricity only).
– Players registering with KC Hockey for the first time will also need to provide a copy of player’s birth certificate or passport.
Please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org with your player’s full name and age category.
Respect in Sport:
Hockey Edmonton has mandated that the “Respect in Sport” course has to be completed by a parent of the player before allowing the player on the ice. There will be no exceptions to the mandate. If there is no valid Respect in Sport Parent course on file, families will be notified and players will not be able to participate until the course has been completed.
Online registration will only allow payment by credit card. Later this summer, once phone registration begins, you will have the option to pay by e-transfer by email to email@example.com. At this time we do not have a date for phone registration to begin. After July 2, 2020 please email us with your contact phone information if you would like to register and pay by e-transfer. We no longer accept personal cheques. Players must be registered and fees paid three days prior to conditioning camp start and three days prior to the respective tryout camps, if only registering for tryouts. All Conditioning Camps and Tryouts are held at the KC Twin Arenas.
Prior to going on the ice players must register and pay for:
- Conditioning Camp (optional): KC hosts a conditioning camp before tryouts each season that is available to players trying out for KC Rep Hockey.
NOTE: Players attending the Conditioning Camp must pay for and attend KC Rep Program Tryouts as well
- Tryout camp (Tryouts)
- New this year – No registration deposit will be required for U15, U16 and U18, however payment of registration fees will be due upon team selection. Players not selected for teams at the AAA or AA level, will be scheduled into evaluations for the KC Sabres club.
- U11 and U13 players: Once the Rep Teams have been selected, the Rep Players must immediately pay their registration fees at the KC Office or online. Players who were not selected for the Rep Teams will return to their home clubs to register.
2020-2021 Camp, Tryout and Registration Fees
|Division||Conditioning Camp||Early tryout fee starting June 1/20||Late Tryout fee starting July 15/20|
|U11 Tier 1||$ 140||$ 100||$ 150|
|U13 AA||$ 140||$ 150||$ 200|
|U15 AAA||$ 140||$ 250||$ 350|
|U15 AA||$ 140||$ 250||$ 350|
|U16AAA||$ 140||$ 250||$ 350|
|U16 AA||$ 140||$ 250||$ 350|
|U18 AA||$ 140||$ 250||$ 350|
|U11 Tier 1||$ 850|
|U13 AA||$ 1300|
|U15 AAA||$ 2550|
|U15 AA||$ 2175|
|U16 AA||$ 2175|
|U18 AA||$ 2175|
|U18AAA||Team will be operated by MLAC for 2020/2021|
Note: Parents of players in the Rep program do not have to work bingos, but additional team fees may be required after registration depending on your team’s budget for the season.
Registration Rules and Policies
- Before jerseys are issued to the Rep Teams all Players must pay the balance of the registration fees by cash, credit card, debit card or online. We will accept a payment plan (post-dated credit card payments) but payment must be made at time of registration. We no longer accept personal cheques. All fees must be paid in full by December 15, 2020. If after December 15, 2020 fees are not paid in full, those players will not be allowed to continue skating with their teams until all fees are paid in full. You can pay over the phone with Visa or Mastercard, e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the office by Visa, Mastercard, Debit or cash.
- Registrations for tryouts and camps will be accepted by credit card or e-transfer only.
- Players will only be allowed on the ice after they have been registered and their fees have been paid.
- Funding assistance is available for families who are finding it difficult to make full payments.
- Injured players, who will still be playing in the season, need to pay in full – regardless of when they will return to the ice.
- If a player is injured and will not be able to return in that season, that player may receive a pro-rated refund according to the length of time he/she has played but each case will be judged on an individual basis and is at the discretion of KC Board of Directors. Application for refund must be made in writing with injury details and supporting evidence to the KC Office at email@example.com .
- A Player will forfeit a minimum of a $100 of their registration fee if they quit or transfer to another association before the first league game. A Player will not receive a refund if they quit or transfer after the first league game.
- If a Player leaves through player movement they will receive a full registration refund after confirmation of team placement.