The KC Sabres provides Bantam and Midget hockey for minor hockey players ages 13 to 17 from all over Edmonton. The Sabres are part of the Knights of Columbus Hockey organization.
The Bantam (13-14 years old) and Midget (15-17 years old) House Hockey Programs are run by the KC Sabres. The Sabres cover the entire city of Edmonton. Players are placed on teams based on their skill level and ability to have a group of players similar overall. For Bantam registration you will have the option of registering for Bantam North or Bantam South. We will strive to do our best to group kids from one area of the city with others from the same part to allot practice ice close to that area, with the possible exception of Tier 2.
BANTAM FEES – $1100 – Includes approximately 20 practices per team throughout the season and referee fees for league games. Each team is responsible for payment of their own additional ice.
MIDGET FEES – $1100 – Includes approximately 20 practices per team throughout the season and referee fees for league games. Each team is responsible for payment of their own additional ice.
CONDITIONING CAMPS (BANTAM AND MIDGET) – $130 – Conditioning camps prior to evaluations in September. Names will be posted on the website noting what group skate players are in along with the Schedule. Please check back closer to the start date. NOTE: Camps always start after the September long weekend. There will be no phone calls, so please check the website often.
SABRES PLAYER EVALUATION AND PLACEMENT – Names will be posted on the Sabres page as to what group the players are to skate with for every evaluation skate. Players may be moved to another group after each skate, so check back daily for updates and to ensure you go to the proper group. There will be no phone calls made.
Online registration will open for the the KC Sabres in early June. Please check back to check the confirmed date. In office registration and new player or transfer registrations will begin July 4, 2016 during office hours.
Registration Rules and Policies
- Before jerseys are issued to teams all Players must pay registration fees by cash, credit card, cheque, debit card or online.
- NSF cheque fee is $40. Cash, credit card payment or money order will only be accepted after NSF cheque.
- Players will only be allowed on the ice after they have been registered and their fees have been paid.
- Funding assistance is available for families who are finding it difficult to make full payments.
- Injured players, who will still be playing in the season, need to pay in full – regardless of when they will return to the ice.
- Player may receive a pro-rated refund according to the length of time he/she has played but each case will be judged on an individual basis and is at the discretion of KC Board of Directors.
- A Player will forfeit a minimum of a $100 of their registration fee if they quit or transfer to another association before the first league game. A Player will not receive a refund if they quit or transfer after the first league game.
Full payment or payment plan (post-dated credit card payments or post-dated cheques) must be made at time of registration. All fees must be paid in full by December 31, 2017. If after December 31, 2017 fees are not paid in full, those players will not be allowed to continue skating with their teams until all fees are paid in full. We accept Visa, Mastercard over the phone. In office, we accept Visa, Mastercard, Debit, Cash or Cheques. This is only for previously registered KC players.
For Bingo Information, please see the Bingo Information Sheet.
Bingo Dates for 2017-2018
Evening / Late night bingos:
Thursday, May 18
Friday, June 9
Saturday, June 17
Friday, July, 28
Saturday, June 24
Sunday, July 23
Remaining dates will be released as we get them.
NOTICE: Sabre Practice Jerseys & Older Tracksuits of various sizes are available for purchase from the Equipment Room – Please contact Tom Dechaine at 780-418-3145 or Paul Brown at 780-720-9713
Bantam Director – TBA
Midget Director – TBA